Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Get Your Aquaponics!

Some Explaining
Without sounding too optimistic the system is finally starting to come together nicely. Fish are alive, bacteria are colonizing, and now it's up to the plants to do their part. As soon as the plants take it's only a matter of time before a near perfect ecosystem is established and PC will be rolling in whatever is planted in the media bed. Probably basil, so PC will be rolling in basil. I'm really excited to see the amount of buzz the aquaponic system is creating, too, and to that end I'd like to share some links to some websites that I've found helpful:

-This is probably the single most helpful website I've found so far, it has a wealth of information and advice on everything aquaponics and I wish I'd found it months ago: http://www.japan-aquaponics.com/diy-aquaponics.html

-120 things in 20 years is a one man message board. The blog writer lays out complex ideas with very easy to understand language and never keeps any secrets about what works and what doesn't, which is maybe the best part. It takes some fiddling around, but the blog has tons of info and links on aquaponics:http://120thingsin20years.blogspot.com/2010/04/aquaponics-bell-siphon.html

And just for the sake of completeness I'll add that I'm no expert but am more than willing to help any of you cool kids set up your own systems. Lastly, if you're still reading, go with the bell siphon. When you finally get it cycling I'll buy you your first drink that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment