Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Planning the Demise of Sir Siphon

Air tube, where have you been all my aquaponic life...
     After getting some proverbial air, I think I've come up with a few ways to help succeed where I've previously failed with this bell siphon problem. One blog in particular I came across references what's called an 'air tube,' that, when connected to the top of the bell and run along the outside helps break the seal that I keep running into as the problem. So tomorrow I'll break out the power tools again and add an air tube to the system first thing. Failing that, I think that if I either increase the height of the media bed thereby somewhat restricting water flow into it the difference will be enough so that an equilibrium won't form between the inflow and outflow. Failing that, I will adjust the inner standing pipe's diameter in the chance that it will either help break or create the seal with regularity. Aye, dos.


The helpfullest little blog and picture credit: http://120thingsin20years.blogspot.com/2010/04/aquaponics-bell-siphon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment